Your Top 3 European Cities?

A really tough choice as there are just too many amazing European Cities but I would have to say Stockholm, Sweden for my number 3.

This is Stortorget Square in Gamla Stan, one of the best things to do here is just sit in one of the many wonderful cafes and watch the world go by! Stortorget, (or the Big Square), is the oldest square in Stockholm and is lined by beautiful buildings dating back to the 17th and 18th centuries, once owned by wealthy merchants.

The next on my top 3 list and my number 2 would be San Sebastián, officially known as Donostia-San Sebastián which is a city and municipality located in the Basque Autonomous Community, Spain. It’s a true highlight of Spain for me, and the charming old quarter is bursting with cafés, bars and restaurants, where you can try their tasty Pintxos (style of Tapas).
Despite the city’s small size, events such as the San Sebastián International Film Festival and the San Sebastián Jazz Festival have given it an international dimension.

Oh and of course let’s not forget The Basque Burnt Cheesecake… definitely a reason to visit San Sebastián! :yum::sweat_smile:

A really tough choice but my number 1 spot goes to Venice, the capital of northern Italy’s Veneto region which is built on more than 100 small islands in a lagoon in the Adriatic Sea, simply beautiful. It has no roads, just canals, including the Grand Canal thoroughfare which is lined with Renaissance and Gothic palaces.

5 Likes