App vs Website Differences

Hi @ziggy, if you contact membership services I think they can remove these sits affected by Covid cancellations.

1 Like

Hi @temba really? Oh thanks for that, I shall do!

1 Like

Today I saw a couple of sits I am interested in and had a look on the website to see if they have had previous sitters. They had so I then checked in the app to see if there were any gaps where sitters hadn’t left feedback.
The heading marked ‘feedback and sitters’ wasn’t there so I could not check.
I checked another couple of random listings and they were OK.
Anyone else had this issue?

I currently created 5 saved searches on the browser, and have created more than that in the past.

I can’t comment much on the app as I never look at my saved searches on the app, or I never created any searches on the app. Tbh I use the app as little as possible cos I don’t like using my phone for that sort of stuff. I mainly just look at the notifs of favourited sits that appear on my phone

1 Like

@Twitcher I think if the heading “Feedback & Sitters” is missing on the app, that means that there have been no previous sitters.

Hello, @Twitcher The website will only show the sitter’s feedback that has been left on that listing. If you go to the App and view the ‘feedback and sitters’ section, you will see all of the previous sitters regardless of whether they have left feedback. Just to clarify you said that you could see that they had previous sitters on the website but there was no ‘feedback and sitters’ for the same listing on the App? If that is the case then feel free to DM me the listing link and I will have a look for you. Thank you, Carla.

Hi Carla - yes that was the case, previous sitters showing on the website but no feedback/sitter category on the app.
I have checked the two listings again and the category is now showing correctly on the app.
Maybe it was a temporary glitch. If I come across any more examples I will DM you with a link. Thank You

1 Like

@Twitcher okay great, yes please feel free to let me know if the issue happens again. Best wishes Carla.

1 Like

HI just joined in the past week and have a sit arranged for 10 days which is very exciting! I have the App and use the website but find the differences in the two a bit confusing!! MyApp has alerted me twice to the fact there is a match for a saved search yetI can’t find for the life of me which property - when I look under the country it says there are no dates posted by HO…
Any suggestions welcome.

(Link removed to stay within forum guidelines)

Hi @Dianatravels. Welcome to TrustedHousesitters and to our community here in the forum. I’m glad you joined us and have introduced yourself. You raise a good question, one that’s come up in the past. I moved your posting here to one of those other discussions, so you can see that other conversation.

I hope you enjoy your time here in the forum.

Were the searches for a popular destination? E.g. New York or London. How long before receiving the ‘match’ notification and you taking a look? If more than an hour it may be the listing has reach its 5 application limit and has therefore been taken out of the running for applications. Another sitter may have even been successful by then. Ive had sits in the past applied for and confirmed in 10 minutes. A casing point being our most recent sit in Mumbai. I got the alert (we are in India atm so I was awake) made an immediate application (I was in a long distance taxi at the time) and i was confirmed with 15 minutes.

I’ve had the same thing just happen to me. I clicked on the link straight away as I had my phone beside me but there’s no current listing- just not needing sitter at this time. So response time doesn’t figure on this occasion.

@elle1431 In previous discussion we learned that the search alerts don’t go out immediately the listing is posted. I think it’s once an hour on the app. Someone might be able to confirm. Popular sits go far more quickly than that.

That happens to me for about 3/4 of my saved sits. They either say “reviewing applicants” or sometimes “sitter not needed”. I assume there may be a bit of a time lag between the sit being posted, and me being pinged. But most of the sits I have “saved” are what I’d call desirable ones so it’s seldom I can get a opportunity to apply anymore.

1 Like

@Timshazz here’s the post you were looking for:

1 Like

Hi Dianatravels, as others have said: this has perhaps nothing to do with app vs website, but ALL to do with the 5 application limit. Those sits most likely reached the 5 application limit before you managed to check them out and so they’ve gone to paused/reviewing status.

I find in recent months that there are way fewer sits available that I’m interested in. And it even makes me kind of ‘lazy’ with checking the website, as I’ve come to expect now that there isn’t much interesting to apply to.

However most likely I should actually do the exact opposite: frantically check and refresh the website as often as I can, because I suspect that the reason for the greatly reduced number of sits that have my interest is the 5 application rule: most of the the sits I like have probably already disappeared before I can spot them.

Which would explain why there has been such a drop in ‘suitable sits’ when I scroll the THS site

4 Likes

Thanks Bluehorse. What I don’t understand is that I am alerted that there ‘is a match’ but when i click through it doesn’t even show the peroperty I’m supposedly matched for…just a whole list of properties in that country…
Mmmm weird
Diana

Hello @Dianatravels If you are able to send me the link to the listing that you are alerted to and then do not see, I can have a look on my end. Please feel free to direct message me and I will gladly look into this for you.

I have just discovered an alarming difference between Website and App.
Just last week, I completed a sitting and received my review promptly. The HO was pleased with us, would like us back, but she had inadvertently pressed the 4* button on Pet Care. This resulted in an overall 4* review on the site of which I was extremely concerned. Fortunately, with the help of the HO and @Therese , this was quickly corrected.

However, this has raised 2 issues:

Website - despite receiving 5* in the other 4 categories, the overall rating was 4*. Is this fair as, surely, the majority of ratings should skew towards a 5*

App - the Pet Care showed a 4* but the overall rating was 5*

How can this important difference be correct?

1 Like

Hi @Itchyfeet

As this it not something we can answer on the forum we have passed this back to the Product Team for when they are back online …