Favourite Beaches

Saona Island is beautiful! :heart_eyes:
I went there a few heads ago with my brother and his friends. We also went to La Romana.

1 Like

I’d love to watch the surfing competition they have there one day. That would be a dream of mine actually.

2 Likes

I thought I would add a couple of my favourite beaches to this thread.

Horseshoe Bay Beach in Bermuda :bermuda::heart:

Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island, Nassau, the Bahamas :bahamas::heart:

5 Likes

I recognize that beach as I was on a cruise to Hawaii in October and walked along that beach and virtually have the same pics! It’s on the island of Kaui and was just a short walk from the port. There was a resort right on the beach.

2 Likes

Another one of my favourite beaches is Sugar Beach in Saint Lucia :st_lucia:

4 Likes

Brighton Beach one hour sth of London is at times ‘unusual’ which is why I love my home City by the sea. And yes the beach is made up of blue and red pebbles, 100 billion rounded flint cobbles.

8 Likes

I love going up to Scotland, so Mull and the beach at Calgary is a favourite and spending time on the islands to see Puffins

6 Likes

Mull is also one of my favorite places, I visited in 2016.

2 Likes

The beautiful Carbis Bay Beach in Cornwall, England. :beach_umbrella::heart:

3 Likes

The end of a sunny day.
Matosinhos, Porto, Portugal

5 Likes

@ExploreDreamDiscover It’s a very nice beach. I did a sit for a HO with an apartment overlooking that beach about 5 months ago! Lots of partying went on very late/early hours on that beach I can tell you!!

1 Like

I spent many happy weekends as a small kid on this beach! It’s Bamburgh castle beach in Northumberland (North East UK)
download (18)

4 Likes

What a coincidence, @richten1 - I was there yesterday! It did not look as lovely as it does in your photo as it was very foggy. We felt it had zombie movie vibes! We still managed a nice walk, and had a wonderful cream tea at the Copper Kettle!

I’ve been there in good weather though, and it is a truly smashing beach, lots of soft sand.

3 Likes

Hi @Jenny
Yes the weather on the North East coast can be changeable. Still looks good though even when foggy or overcast. I think the reason my parents liked the beach (apart from having a static holiday caravan at a site near Bulmer) was at low tide the beach was almost a mile wide so safe to let little kids run around on it!

2 Likes

It’s incredibly picturesque, I didn’t quite realise how big the castle was! I hadn’t been there since I was a kid, we used to head down there in the summer. I live in the Scottish Borders so my friends and I like to visit the Northumberland coast whenever we can.

2 Likes

Here’s a pic of the same beach but at sunset from the HO’s 5th floor apartment @ExploreDreamDiscover

4 Likes

@richten1
Very nice!

Coumeenoole Beach on the Dingle Peninsula in Ireland :ireland:

5 Likes

Kynance Cove in Cornwall, England. :beach_umbrella::ocean:

5 Likes

Maui, Hawaii

9 Likes