Favouriting Sits

I know this has been asked/answered somewhere on the forum but I can’t seem to find the most up to date response.

If I favourite a sit when I’m logged into the website on my laptop, will I be notified of new listings?

Or do I have to favourite them only from within the app if I want to be notified?

I am hoping from a response from THS staff rather than speculation from other sitters. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Kelownagurl I have attached a thread you might find relevant

This post from our Help Centre states “To see your favourited sits, go to the Favourites tab on the bottom toolbar. Notifications are only available on the app, so you won’t get them on the website”

I will tag @Debbie-L @Angela_L also so they can confirm in answer to your question

1 Like

Thanks Samox, that’s my understanding as well, but I’m still unsure as to whether I have to actually favourite the sit while I’m in the app itself if I want to be notified, or if the app will also notify me of sits I’ve favourited while I’m on the website. Thx.

1 Like

@Kelownagurl I hope this helps as per the guidance but the app should notify you when you add to your favourites on both the app and the website.

For reference I just tested to see if a sit I just favourited then would cut across from the website to the mobile App and it did.
As soon as I put a heart on a particular sit on the website, I then logged out of my mobile App, logged back in to refresh and there was this sit now showing as favourited on my mobile App which I had only favourited through the website.

This thread is also helpful

Thanks again, but that link still specifies favouriting a sit on the app and doesn’t mention favouriting one on the website.

@Kelownagurl The favourites certainly do differ from the App to the website, for instance, it is much easier to scroll through your favourites on the App whereas on the website, all of your favourites will all be there but in no particular order. I will tag @Angela_L @Therese to clarify an answer to your question for you.

For reference and as I also mentioned above.

I just tested to see if a sit I just favourited then would cut across from the website to the App and it did.
As soon as I put a heart on a particular sit on the website, I then logged out of my mobile App, logged back in to refresh and there was this sit now showing as favourited on my mobile App which I had only favourited through the website.

2 Likes

Thank you @Samox24

HI @Kelownagurl Will remove the tag as you have the answer Thank you @Londongal

Post edited

Hi @Kelownagurl this thread may be of help to you …

https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/favorite-listings

I only ever use the website and I get notified via the app when my favourites (selected on the website) appear with new dates.

2 Likes

Yes! This is the answer and confirmation I was looking for, thanks!

I am about to favourite a whole bunch of sits in Italy with the hope that I’ll get pinged if any of them are posted in the middle of the night. I just didn’t want to fave them all on the website if it wasn’t going to work.

Thank you so much!

Hi @Kelownagurl Yes I can also say it works favoriting listing from a laptop/desktop.

Glad to know this. Things must have changed and the discrepancy corrected.

I would find the sits I wanted to favorite on my desktop or laptop (it was easier to search that way) , copy their links to an email, then email them to myself. I would then open the email on my phone so I could favorite them through the app on my phone. In the past I was only receiving notifications if I had favorited them via the app.

Glad to hear that things are “fixed.”

2 Likes

Hi all. I’ve looked through the support faxs and searched everything I can find previously posted, but I haven’t found an answer to this particular question. It looks to me like the app only allows 100 favorite listings. I counted a few days ago up to 100 and I’ve been favoriting away and I know I added three or four favorites yesterday but I counted today and it is still set at 100. I must assume that any favorites added after 100 must be kicking others off the list. Is this true? Is there a limit of 100? If so, I’m going to have to go through and prioritize my favorites on the app.

Also, what happens to the 100+ listings that I’ve favorited on the website? Since it sounds like they “cross over” are they kicking app favorites off as well? Thanks for the answers to this full-time sitter.

3 Likes

Hello, @AnnieNai Great observation! I will check this with the tech team and let you know.

Carla, when you check this 100 favorite limit out with the team, can you ask them why they have a limit, and why they chose 100 total?

1 Like

Hello, @AnnieNai Thank you for your patience, tech is currently looking into this for you; as soon as I know more, I will update you.

1 Like