Has anyone had a "Missing" Review

Last Saturday, 5th June, I received a review from a sitting which I finished on the 4th June. Then I realised that the number of reviews was exactly the same number before I received this latest review. Having then looked at my dashboard I noticed that my previous review from September 2020 had disappeared.
I know without any doubt that I received this review as I recall some of the comments in that I had followed Covid guidelines etc.
It is missing from both Website and App

Has this happened to anyone else?

@Katie_Mc , I emailed Membership Services on the 5th June asking someone to investigate and reinstate my review. Apart from the auto acknowledgement, I have heard nothing. How do I chase this up?

1 Like

I have now received an email from MS and have had the review re-instated.
It is not clear how THS had cancelled the review but it seems to have been human error.
Just something for members to be aware of.

1 Like

Hi @Itchyfeet thank you for clarifying, at this time we are not quite sure why or how this happened and it is being looked into.

I “lost” a few reviews once, but I think it was only on either the app or the browser version. When I checked the other, they were all there, so I didn’t worry about it.

1 Like

@Therese-Moderator , a review I received a few weeks ago is showing on the app as still needing to be requested. It shows up fine on the PC. Any ideas?

Hi @Liz I’m jumping in as Therese will not be online today. I’ve searched on the website and the app and the information is a match and I don’t see anything obviously missing. If you’d like to direct message @Angela_L with the details of the specific sit she will be able to do a system check. You can also direct message me, if you would like to give me the specific date you’re looking at.

Francine,
Volunteer Forum Moderator

Five of my most recent reviews are missing from my dashboard on the app.
As a sitter, I can’t search for myself on the app (at least, I don’t think it’s possible) to see what HO viewing my profile through the app can see. These five reviews do appear on the website. I just left a sit today so am also expecting another review. I just wrote to Membership Services about this but am posting here to see if this has been happening to anyone else.

Hi @mars : did you receive any help/answer on this subject ?
I also noticed it today : from my app I can see on my profil 11 reviews missing : all the recent ones. None of the 2022 appears…
I wonder what can OH see ?
Maybe I shall ask to someone form the forum : @Angela_L or @Snowbird do you have an idea ? Are we missing something ?
Thank you

@Françoise-et-Youn, when I looked again, they were actually there. They were just in a strange, non-chronological order.

Try turning your phone off, then on again. This corrected our missing reviews on the app.

I looked up your sitter profile on both my phone (Android) and laptop (Windows). The most recent review I saw was for 17-24 Sept 2022. My phone showed 32 reviews, and my laptop 31. Is that how many you expect to see?

If it is, maybe, as @mars said, your reviews are just out of order. Check that first.

If the total number’s not right (but my numbers above are), the problem’s probably with your app and/or phone/tablet. If turning your device off and then on again doesn’t fix the problem, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Thank you all @Karen_E, @PetSitterBug and @mars.
So I did as you suggested me :

• Check if my reviews were out of order : No
  • Turned my phone off : still nothing changed
  • Uninstall/reinstall the app : Here they are !!
    So thank you for your tips.
    Pb solved.

Yay! I’m so glad to hear that. I’m always hesitant to suggest people uninstall and reinstall, but for this particular issue it seems to work much of the time.

Thanks for letting us know your problem’s been resolved. :grinning:

1 Like

My latest review posted a while ago is showing on the app but is missing from the web. The number of reviews displayed in the right panel is correct though.

Could someone please take a look at the cause of this discrepancy? Thank you

Hi @RadarInc
To mention that if you preview your profile on the website under Edit Profile, this does not show accurately. Tech are aware of this issue and are working on this fix.
It is best to go to the dashboard, scroll down to your green block and preview your profile that way. This will reflect correctly and it is what pet parents/owners see when they view your profile.

Thank you
Just checked the dashboard profile link - all good there, the “missing” review is displayed and consequently the total number is correct
The review is still missing on the profile preview page

Yes, our tech are aware, but do remember that the profile preview is only viewed by you, so pet parents/owners will see the correctly displayed profile.

1 Like

Hmmm, am I to understand the above that there is a distinction in relevance between errors displayed for sitters and for hosts?

A bug is a bug is a bug regardless of the platform and if left unaddressed it can cause all sorts of issues for everyone, incl hosts.

Meanwhile, I got another review … different count but the same error

Hello, @RadarInc Thank you for bringing this to our attention, the tech team are aware of this bug and is looking into it.

Just to clarify there is no preference between bugs that affect owners and bugs that affect sitters. They are all treated the same as something that needs to be looked into and solved.

In this particular case, the bug is only seen by the owner of the account (the sitter) when they look at their profile from within their account. If an owner looks at the sitters’ profile on the website or from an application they will see the correct number of reviews.
I hope that helps and congratulations on your new review!
Thank you
Carla

1 Like

For the last week most of my reviews seem to have gone missing on the app. Only the first 20 are showing. On my husbands phone all the reviews were still showing till a couple of days ago but now he too only sees the first 20…
We have tried uninstalling & reinstalling the app but its made no difference.

@Angela_L Please could you get the relevant person to look into it?
Thanks in advance! & by the way…
Greetings from Marbella!! :sunglasses: