Has anyone had a "Missing" Review

At the moment the reviews on my dashboard show the last sit as 2019 not last week. I have asked membership services to look at it from an owner point of view because if they are seeing that I won’t be getting any sits and I have been told it is up to date and shows all reviews. So I have gone back to ask why. It was just the APP at first which is back to crashing frequently but now the website is the same. I have removed the APP 3 times and the reviews reappear but the next time you go in they are gone again. I am quite concerned I have 49 reviews maybe the system can’t cope!

Hi @Lokstar
As Angela is off-line at the moment - I will pass this on to our tech team.

Hi, same here. Reviews after March 23 are missing!

Just checked our profile by doing a sitter search and fortunately all reviews show up so at least HO’s will still see them all.

I had a reply after raising it yesterday and being told I need to swipe across to look at all the reviews which of course are not on my profile. I also sent a screenshot report of the app crashes.

It’s a known bug but as this thread started some months ago it still hasn’t been resolved.

I don’t expect anyone will ever get back to me!

Edited to meet posting guidelines

Follow up from a couple of days ago…
Still not seeing all my reviews although I’m now seeing a few more- up to Oct 2022 as opposed to only up to Feb 2022 last week!

Another thing I just noticed today when requesting a review is that the review request system has changed. On the website I’ve always been able to delete the auto request and personalise it to include both our names- because, as the main account holder, the auto request comes only from my name… But today when I clicked ‘send review request’ no page opened and I just got ‘review request sent’ I don’t like this because I can no longer edit it. I’ve tried-in the past- to get THS to change it so that both our names are reflected in every correspondance but so far it hasn’t happened.

I’m wondering why this has changed? Why I can no longer see, or change, the review request message before it is sent? I usually send a back up WhatsApp to say i’ve sent the request. Its now even more important to send a follow up msg even just to request the host uses both our names in the review! That should be obvious but we’ve had a couple of occasons where we did not send a backup msg & in both cases the hosts wrote the review only about me! As if I’d done the sit alone! This is especially bizarre from hosts we’d overnighted with and interacted throughout the sit as a couple!! We got both hosts to contact THS to change that to both names- but its such a hassle!

@Ben-ProductManager can you offer any answers here- to either issue?
Thanks in advance

Hi @Lokstar
I am glad that you raised this change as I experienced it yesterday.
I clicked on Request a Review, expecting it to take me to the page where I could write a personal request and was mortified that it had gone.
This feels so rude and, like you, I had to quickly write a WhatsApp message apologising for the abrupt request.
@Ben-ProductManager , I am also intrigued as to the reason why we can no longer send a message with our request.

All of my reviews from the last 5 years have vanished. What on earth is going on!!

Another surprise change that has happened @Lokstar and @Itchyfeet! I, too, always sent this request via the website and not the app simply so I could include a personalised message. After all, we keep being told just how important communication is between sitter and owner. No doubt there was some miniscule survey result that highlighted this change to be made :wink:

@Karen_E @Angela_L @Ben-ProductManager or anyone else who can help…
I have had no response to my questions about the missing reviews on rhe app. Please can someone look into it and get it sorted asap. It seems many people are experiencing this glitch.
And also please can someone explain this new change to the review request. I am really not happy about that as I always changed the auto message to make it much more friendly and personal. I especially don’t like that the auto message says it will ‘take less than a minute’ to write a review. That comment completely undermines the importance of the review- a lot longer than ONE minute is needed to do justice to a sitter who has put their heart and soul -and time- into a sit.
Thanks in advance.

5 Likes

Hi @lokstar
With regards to the missing reviews on your App. I have passed this on to our tech team as we think it is not something necessarily to do with the App but more to do with your phone type. All your reviews are visible on my side. Please can I kindly ask you to confirm the phone you are using?

With regards to your other comment @Angela_L will be able to answer this better.

Hi @Therese All our reviews do show on the laptop-so if you looking there you will see them, as I also can. (So at least I know they are not lost forever…) My phone is a Samsung A70 but I don’t think it has anything to do with my phone. It has happened before & others mention it too- it us a known glitch on the app.

thank you @Lokstar … I’ll pass this onto tech.

Hi @Lokstar your question about the change in review request … support@trustedhousesitters.com will be able to answer this for you

@Lokstar - when you get your response from support regarding change in review request could you let us know. If it is a permanent change I am sure we would all like to know. We are all members of the ‘community’ and we all know communication is key. Thank You

2 Likes

Thank you Angela. I will contact them.

@Twitcher Yes Will do :+1:

@Twitcher re- the change on the review request- i still have no clear answer despite two emails to support and two responses. Both were basically a cut & copy message saying there is a 100% tamper proof review/feedback policy. It does not really explain WHY we cannot edit the review request message to make it more friendly/personal.
I’ve given up for the moment.
But from now onwards I will always follow up the auto request with a personalised WhatsApp message to at least ensure the HO uses both our names in the review since the auto msg comes only from the (one) official account holder. I also asked why my hubby & I, as equal partners, cannot both be joint account holders but it seems this is not allowed due to insurance reasons…

@Lokstar thank you for the update but as you say you are no further forward.
It was a direct and simple question which deserved a proper answer.
Why are they changing stuff that worked perfectly before?
I would have thought a personalised message to request a review would be preferable to a one size fits all sentence which could come across as abrupt.
Some sitters are saying they would prefer a personal decline message rather than a standard one.
Courteous, timely and personalised messages are the way to go in my opinion.

3 Likes

Is anyone else missing sits?
None of mine are showing up on the app!