Having no success getting offers for my listing

This is the first time since Covid that I’ve entered a listing.
Having had a very successful sit pre Covid, I haven’t sought a sitter for my 2 Chocolate Labradors since 2019 and am struggling to get any offers. The one I did get simply didn’t reply when I tried to contact her.
I’ve contacted almost all of the people who’ve saved my listing and a few others, but none of them can help, for one reason or another.
I’m only two months away from my holiday and am very anxious that I’m not going to be able to find a suitable sitter.
Before Covid I received lots of offers within days of putting up my listing, but it feels like I’m getting nowhere. Even with Trusted Housesitters boosting the listing, there has been no further interest.
Is anyone else having the same trouble. Any suggestions on a possible remedy would be appreciated as I’m getting very worried that I haven’t managed to sort something out and time is running out.
Thanks

Fiona
I

Hi @FMBecks - It is a good idea to link your listing to your profile name, this way members of this group can take a look at your listing to see if they can offer any advice.

This is how to do that

2 Likes

Hi Fiona
Do please add your profile/listing here as @Colin suggests then we can have a look and see if you can improve on it. Don’t even know where you’re based at the moment…
And don’t worry, there’s enough time. Who doesn’t love a chocolate Lab or two? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@FMBecks are you UK or abroad? As others have said, suggest you link your profile to here so it can be read. You might get applications as result of someone on here reading it. Good Luck

1 Like

Hi Fiona, found your listing as you’ve posted on another message that you’re in Hampshire. See you now have one applicant at the moment. Hope they’re a good match or you get sorted soon. Your dogs, Koda and Bess look lovely.

1 Like

Hello @FMBecks I am sorry you haven’t found a sitter yet but after looking at your profile, I do see you have had one applicant, so that is a start.

First, as suggested, please link your member profile to your forum profile so potential sitters can easily click on your info and possibly apply right away.

I know it is hard to understand, but because of all the issues of late, including airfare, air delays, and the ever looming pandemic, many are afraid to apply too soon for fear of cancellations on either side or by matters out of their control. You still have a couple of months to secure someone and I am sure, after seeing how sweet looking your pups are, you should have no problem finding someone.

I do wish you luck, but please do go ahead and link your two profiles so you have even more exposure.

Hello from me in Hampshire!
I’m new to the Forum, but have been associated with Trusted Housesitters since 2019.
I had a very successful experience with the Community n 2019 when I had my first sit and had a lovely Canadian couple look after my two furry friends, Koda and Bess our Chocolate Labradors.
Hoping for an equally successful experience this time!

5 Likes

Hello @FMBecks and welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

You can also add your TrustedHousesitters listing or profile on to your profile on here by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then allow others to offer helpful advice and feedback for you and to give your listing extra exposure.

I am pleased to hear you had such a great experience previously, both of sitting yourself and having sitters care for Koda and Bess.

Do you have any photos of them that you can share on here? We would love to see them! :camera::dog::slightly_smiling_face:

I think you’ve already posted this, haven’t you?

You only need to post once about the same subject on the forum.
Maybe a moderator can merge them both?

1 Like

Thank you @Smiley I have merged the two topics so all of the help and feedback for the listing can be in one place.

1 Like