Hello from South Liverpool, England

Hi, Dawn & Phil from South Liverpool.
We have been using the site for 2 yrs now. We have had several sitters looking after our Bichon, Boso and 2 Siamese cats, Sophie & Kedi. I’m extremely tidy, so any sitters wouldn’t have to worry about cleanliness, (I’ve just read on here about sitters turning up to a dirty house)
when we go away we always ask sitter/s to arrive day before, so we can all enjoy a meal together, break the ice and answer questions. Our housesitters have their own double bedroom with plenty of wardrobe space, hairdryer and dressing gowns. Also own bathroom with shower & bath. We want people to enjoy their sit for us. Pets are quite easy. Lots of interesting things to see and do in Liverpool. Obviously with COVID, we haven’t used the site like we did at first, but we are hoping to get a sitter for 12 days in December so we can get some sun in Tenerife, if COVID allows it.
Just searching around this forum for the first time.

14 Likes

Hello Dawn and Phil and welcome :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome @Dawncbn
Your little ones sound lovely and your graciousness is much appreciated by the sitters who will have the pleasure to receive it. Been to Liverpool many times as well as Tenerife. It’s a great place to enjoy the sun and surf.
Best wishes.

2 Likes

Lol. I used to live in the Cotswolds, Cirencester. I am originally from Liverpool, left when I was 17, returned 12 yrs ago. I have a very mixed accent, picked up all kinds over the years.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Dawn and Phil!

A while back I did a sit in Runcorn and had the best time taking the train into Liverpool and reliving my teen years in the 60s.

I haven’t done any international sits since covid started (I’m in the US). But if the opportunity arises someday, I would love to house sit for you!!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum Dawn & Phil!

1 Like

Hello @Dawncbn a very warm welcome to you, Boso, Sophie and Kedi thank you for joining TrustedHousesitters and now our community forum, what a lovely introduction into your THS sitter/owner experience. It’s so often the connections we make which complete the whole experience, the pets being the centre of attention of course.

Liverpool is such a “fab” city, sorry could not resist making the musical connection, but there is so much to see and do and with a lovely home to relax in and pets for company, what more could you ask for. VisitLiverpool - Things to do in Liverpool

Enjoy exploring the forum and connecting with other members from around the world.

Welcome again

Angela and the Team

1 Like

Hello Dawn and Phil. Sheryl here. I thoroughly enjoyed my recent sit for you and am so sorry I can’t help out for your December dates but am sure you’ll get another great sitter :joy: Hope to sit for you another time.

3 Likes

Thanks Sheryl. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

HI, did you ever get any joy with this. I have a house by addenbrookes and am struggling to get any interest for an Easter sit (I have two dogs). Just wondered if you had any suggestions? thanks allison

Hi @ACU and welcome to the forum. As you’ll see, this section is reserved for sits that are less than a week away. As yours is for Easter, I suggest you consider using the Introduce yourself section. You can also embed your listing to your forum profile or just add the dates and your location (city/country) to your post.

As well as making it easy for forum members to find your listing, it also allows members to provide constructive feedback on your listing. Just a few tweaks can often make the difference that attracts that perfect match for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Francine,
Voluntary Forum Moderator

1 Like

Thank you so much Snowbird for taking the time to reply, I really do appreciate it. I have been away with work but am going to look into it. Unfortunately it looks like my vacation is going to be called off due to covid but this whole thing has been a fantastic learning experience and I have found this wonderful site
Allison

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Hello from Damascus Oregon, US

Hello I’m Ruby from Damascus Oregon