Newbie from Manchester UK :)

Hellloooo,
Newbies here, Logan and Leila who are new to the site along with our lovable Lexi dog and Rufus the grumpy ginger cat (He’s lovable when he wants food).
Were based North Manchester / Bury area. (20/25 mins drive from city centre)(30/40 mins public transport)
Really interested in learning more about experiences from Trusted House sitters from both scenarios of needing a sitter and becoming sitter. Hoping to use both services initially to look after out lovely Lexi and also help out anyone needing a sitter when we travel.
Open to any replies and stories.

2 Likes

Hi @Logzsterino - Welcome to the group.

We are not born ‘n’ bred Mancunians but lived in Manchester city centre for 15 years. In 2020 we decided that we had had enough of city life so gave up our permanent address to become full-time nomadic travellers.

As experienced Airbnb hosts our original intention was to use Airbnb as our accommodation choice. This went well until May 2021 when we discovered house/pet sitting and, as they say, the rest is history!

Post moderated in accordance with Forum Guidelines.

1 Like

Hello @Logzsterino , we’re practically neighbours as I’m very near Prestwich :smiley:

I think I have quite a lot in common with Rufus too - ginger, grumpy, lovable when I want food…

Hello @Logzsterino and welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

If you are a member you can also add your THS profile listing on to your Forum profile by following the attached link, should you wish. This will enable others to give you helpful advice and feedback and will also provide more coverage for your listing.

If you are unsure how to do this or have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help. :blush:

Lexi and Rufus, (even if he is grumpy! :sweat_smile:), both sound adorable, do you have any photos of them that you can share on here? :dog::cat:

Hi @Logzsterino. Welcome.
I’m a sitter since mid May last year with THS. I have just completed my 11th sit. I have been lucky enough to spend time with some great animals in countries such as Denmark, Italy, Greece, Portugal and Spain. I have also made some good friends in HO’s through our love of animals.
Good luck with your adventures.

3 Likes