Hello From Sunny Orlando, Florida!

Hello, my name is Patrick and I’m a brand new member to the THS family and am very happy I was able to find you. I’m retired and live in Deltona, FL which is not very far from Mickey Mouse’s house.

I’m the father to 2 rescue pups and was looking for a pet/house sitter when I came across this group. After reading about what you do I realized that I would enjoy being a sitter as well as a homeowner since time is the one thing I have plenty of. I see this as an opportunity to not only travel and meet new people, but to also spend time with a whole new community of four legged friends.

4 Likes

Hi @britishiron and welcome to the forum. If you take some time to browse the various post threads, you can learn lots in a short time. You’ll notice a spyglass on this page, which you can use to search key words for things you are interested in. If you can’t find an answer that way to any of your questions, then post it here on the forum and members will do their best to help you.

Once you do have a listing for your home, you can add a link to your forum username. I’ll add the instructions next.

adding a link to your listing to your forum username

You can also add a link to your sitter profile in a similar way, by adding it into the introductory area of that same section. If you need any help with that, team members will be happy to help.

Francine,
Volunteer Forum Moderator

1 Like

Hello, Francine and thank you for the welcome. I will be posting a pet/house sit shortly and the information on linking it is great. I’ve been reading some of the posts and find them very interesting. I appreciate your help.

2 Likes

Hi @britishiron
welcome and enjoy. I have visited Tampa Orlando and my favourite place so far Pensacola.
Give Mickey a wave from me. :smiley:
F :scotland:

Hello! I’m also brand new here. I visit Orlando as often as I can. Right now I just have two little nuggets - my guinea pigs - at home to care for, but they do need attention while I’m gone, so like you I am interested in being both a sitter and a house for travel (though the currently cold and snowy Michigan is no match for sunny and warm Florida!!).

Good Luck and welcome!

2 Likes

Congratulations and welcome! I am both a homeowner and housesitter as well, and I couldn’t be happier!

1 Like