Help with my listing

Hi everyone I have just put a listing and not had anyone contact me . I have send requests out for the dates and having no luck . We have 3 dogs and a house cat I have been sending requests to couples as not to sure if a single person would be happy to house sit that many pets? What do you think . Also how far is some one happy to travel we are not some where exotic just in Chalton in Luton .

Hello @Middi57 and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

I would suggest that you add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile by following the attached link. This will then enable others on here to offer you helpful advice and feedback and will also give your listing extra exposure!

If you are unsure how to do this, or if you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help.

If you have only just put your listing on, you would need to give it some more time, people will perhaps be looking at whether your sit is feasible for them before they apply. There are some single sitters that would be happy with this number of pets so I would certainly not restrict your application pool and sitters travel many miles or a few miles to sit, everybody’s situation is different as is the location they choose.

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask! :blush:

1 Like

It looks like you linked your listing here, but when I click on it, it does not take me to your listing. Not sure what happened. Perhaps that’s why nobody has given you any feedback!

@PVGemini Thank you for trying to offer help. As they are a new forum member Discourse the forum provider does not allow hyperlinks. Are you able to copy and paste the link into a browser?
Once the member has viewed more posts etc, then Discourse will unlock the use of hyperlinks and it will become clickable.
Any questions let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to know! Thanks. Will copy and paste!

1 Like

I looked at your listing. Your home looks tidy and comfortable, and your pets look really sweet. It looks like you have one applicant! There are so many Sits available right now. Perhaps someone in the UK can comment as to what might make this particular “offer” more popular. If someone was traveling by train to get there, you could offer to pick them up at the train station and take them to the grocery store on the way to your house. Are there stores and pubs within walking distance, if the Sitter did not have a car?

Hi we offered to pick her up as she doesn’t drive . But she applied and then realised we had no public transport. No shops only a pub . Starting to worry we won’t find any one .

Hang in there! Consider adding information to your listing:

1. You will pick Sitter up from the train station and visit grocery store with him/her.
  2. There is a pub within walking distance.

Does the closest grocery store deliver?
You could even offer the Sitter to give you a list of groceries that they want, and you will shop for them prior to their arrival. Anything to sweeten the pot!

2 Likes

I looked up Chalton Heights on Google Maps and it shows a Lidl close by. A bicycle might be handy for getting the groceries home.

1 Like

Your sit seems very appealing to me as a solo woman sitter and you have made it easy to visit without a car. Although you have 3 dogs they don’t seem hard to manage for an experienced dog person. Does your home have (fast) wifi? That is essential for me as I take my work with me when I travel. You still have a little time. I know you will find someone soon. Good luck!

Hello yes our Wi-Fi is good my self and husband both work from home and it is great for meetings etc . Our older dog is happy to go out on her own . Then the other 2 can go together there are fields about 5 minutes walk from the house .
Thank you for the advice .
We have offered to pick up from station if they are unable to drive and of course drop them off . Happy to fill fridge and cupboards for them as well if needed.
Lidl is 20 minutes walk away. Pub is 5 minutes away . Let’s just hope we catch some ones eye. Thank you for the help

2 Likes