HI From Chesapeake Bay Virginia ... Looking forward to our first sitter

Hi,
I’m Melinda and my partner Peter and I live on the Chesapeake Bay just outside Cape Charles Virginia. We have two wonderful dogs, Auggie a lovable 110 lb guy and Kali, 40 lbs, who everyone wants to take home. We also have 4 cats and Chickens. The wonderful thing is that we live on a large property and all the animals are free to roam, except our 5 hens. The hens are in a coop with a run and have automatic food and water, I throw grain and grit daily. I have a vegetable garden which is planted and on an automatic watering system. Flower garden in front of the house will have watering hooked up soon.
We live in a very special place down at the end of a dirt road on a point surrounded by water. Crabbing can be done off our dock. We have kayaks for use. I love floating in the bay when the tide is high.
Cape Charles has been found and a great place to visit. Free public bayside beach, fishing pier and shopping and resturants. Live music on the weekends. If you are lucky enough The Palace Theater might be having a production (I do theater there). Nature galore with nature trails, Savage Neck Dunes and Kiptopeke State Park. If you’re a birder this is a place to come.
A cloudy day today but the picture posted I just took out the livingroom window at 6:30 pm. The sun sets directly out this window and the sunsets are amazing.
Anyway I was told about Trusted House Sitters by a friend. Whoever came up with this is brilliant! Happy to have found you.

Melinda

7 Likes

Hello @Auggie and a warm welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Your sit sounds absolutely idyllic, it’s a part of the US we have yet to visit but hope to very soon!
A stunning view from your window too btw.

For reference once you are a member and your listing is completed you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback and will also give your listing extra exposure!

If you are unsure how to do this, or if you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help.

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask!

1 Like

Hi Auggie,
Welcome. I might be interested. Look forward to seeing your listing.
Katie

1 Like

Hi @Auggie and welcome. My home isn’t far from yours, across the bay in Chesapeake. Sitting through THS has been a life changer for me. I haven’t been home in six months because I’ve been doing back-to-back sits but your listing might bring me back! :smile:

3 Likes