Hi from Germany

Hi everyone, I am from Brazil but live since 2009 in Ulm, Germany. My husband is German and our two sons are binational. :slight_smile: Two years ago we adopted an adult dog from a shelter in Portugal and discovered after she arrived that she is a Podenco Maneto, a very interesting breed from Andalucía. They are Podencos with short legs, used there for rabbit hunting. Additionally we discovered that she is deaf and it was an amazing process to learn how to deal with a deaf dog. Basically it is all the same, but using other senses. She is very attentive to vibration, to the wind and to lights. She is developing beautifully at our family.
I am completely new to the site and honestly i am finding a little difficult to navigate, it´s not completely intuitive.
Another point is that we had our first frustration as our first sitter cancelled the sit a few days after confirming and now i am in a hurry to find someone else, as we travel next August. I am not sure if our profile is currently visible for applicants or not, so if anyone could answer this to me, i would be very grateful.
Thank you all!

2 Likes

Hi @bruna
A big welcome the forum.

You will also be able to share a link to your listing on your forum profile for a bit of extra exposure. But the main website is where ALL our members will see your opportunity and be able to apply and message with you.

If at any time you need any help don’t hesitate to reach out to the Forum community here which is full of helpful members who have been through the process themselves and will happily give advice and guidance.

I hope this helps
Kind regards
Therese

Dear Therese,

Thank you very much for your reply and support. I have already followed your tip and added my profile in the website field.
I have heard that it is possible to ask to publish my profile at the Facebook page of THS, would you be the right person to ask help with that?
Thank you - i am still learning how to use the website.
Best wishes!
Bruna

Hello @bruna and welcome. Given your sit is not until August, it is early to request social media. Social media posting is usually reserved for those sits that have a far shorter time to their start date.

Given you have added your listing ot your username, members may give constructive feedback to help you tweak your listing. Sometimes a small change can make such a difference. :slightly_smiling_face:

Francine,
Volunteer Forum Moderator :canada:

Hi Francine
Thank you very much for your clarification. :slight_smile:
I made some improvements, hopefully they will attract someone suitable. I am also inviting many potential sitters to try to solve my need…
Best wishes and good night!
Liebe Grüße von Germany
Bruna