House sit in the mountains

We are on a sit in Sun Valley, we are looking after an amazing Blue Tick Hound. When we arrived we found out that our charge was at the vet 2.5 hours away, he had been bitten by something on his head. We collected him the following day so the hosts could go on their vacation. Needless to say we have been to the vet a few times and are now on first name terms with the doctor. I think she is going to join THS on our recommendation.
Talk about first name terms, we have been invited over to the vet’s home this afternoon to kick off the Memorial Day weekend and celebrate her pup turning one.
One of the many benefits of THS is the ability to live like a local. Walking a dog downtown always ends up in a meeting.
Thanks THS

10 Likes

Send us a photo of your blue tick hound, please! Never heard of the breed before.

This is the reason we love sitting in smaller or more rural locations! We’ve met the friendliest people and other pets. Enjoy your holiday weekend!

2 Likes

Neither have I

1 Like

Was the dog bitten by a blue tick by any chance? :joy::rofl:

Hello @KeithD and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Yes as you say it’s great to live like a local, I hope you had a lovely afternoon. :blush:

As @botvot mentioned, it would be great to see a photo of a Blue Tick Hound if you are able to and enjoy the rest of your time on this sit. :dog:

Also, and just for fun, I see you have both travelled extensively, it would be great if you could join in with the attached thread.

1 Like

Hi @KeithD welcome to our community forum. We have mutual friends, “co-parented” the same pets and I believe we’re also mutual lovers of Bainbridge Island WA and it’s very special community . … This Blue Tick Hound will be in THE BEST of hands with you & C., you are the most amazing, knowledgable and caring sitters and in the right place, at the right (or wrong) time for this pup and it’s Pet Parents.

I hope you enjoyed your Memorial Day lunch with the vet and her puppy.

Welcome again @KeithD it’s lovely to see you here. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like