Kindness like we've never known

That is terrible news indeed! I do hope all were favorable & kind to you. :heart:

That is so hard.
May your husband recevie healing and hope.
And may the understanding homeowners know they’ve been a blessing.

1 Like

Cindy, Sending well wishes to you and your husband. My mum has spent to last year being treated for the same condition, so my thoughts and positive vibes are with you at this time.

2 Likes

Sending lots of love!

I’m so very sorry to hear this. I wish you both strength and patience as you face this challenge together.

3 Likes

Oh Cindy, I’m so sorry you and David are going through this. May surgery and recovery go well, and you both be back to sitting soon. Hugs and love to you both.

2 Likes

Sending strength to you both and all the best for David’s treatment and a speedy recovery!

2 Likes

May you all find the courage and the strength,
the peace, healing and serenity when each is needed.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! The surgery went well. We are so grateful.

19 Likes

@CindyLou that is wonderful news, we wish David a full and speedy recovery from the surgery, you rest and peace of mind and a bright and positive road ahead for you both.

Our thoughts are with you.

3 Likes

Wonderful news! I hope it stays just as positive for you. Tell your husband, Well Done!

2 Likes

Im sorry to hear this! Sending healing vibes and hope for you and your husband! I wish him a speedy recovery!

2 Likes

Cindy Lou,

Happy to see that David’s surgery went well and hope that he has a speedy and complete recovery.

We recently had to cancel house sits in England as my husband had a medical emergency during a house sit and was in acute cardiac care for a week. The homeowners were very gracious when I reached out to them to let them know that we would not be coming to them, but returning to Canada. We were touched by their concern for his health even after we returned. The THS community is special in many ways.

Take care of yourselves.

8 Likes

I just want to pass on that my thoughts are with you and your husband. I’m new to here and we don’t know each other but my dear sister in law just had the same thing - a tumour removed from the bladder and I want you to have the positive news that she is recovering very well. She goes to Florence in May. This happened May last year. The very best of luck and love to you both.

3 Likes

Oh how wonderful to receive your message. It’s exactly what I needed to hear.
I’m so glad to hear your sister-in-law is doing well.
Love to you both!

1 Like

Oh my heart goes out to you both. So very sorry to hear what you are going through. Will continue to send prayers as often as possible. Do keep us posted. Trusting that you both are getting all the support that you need. Hugs. X

1 Like

Hello CindyLou

My sitter recently had to cancel a sit at short notice because her father was nearing end of life. People do understand that sitters don’t generally cancel on a whim, and indeed, I felt bad, because I knew that aside from the pain she was going through with her father, she was probably also feeling bad about cancelling the sit.

I know it’s difficult not to worried at times like this, but can I share our experience of dealing with bladder cancer? My dad was diagnosed with it over 15 years ago. After a couple of surgeries and further immunotherapy treatment, he got the all clear, around 10 years ago. He’s a fighting fit 95 year old now. Hopefully you’ll both be back to house and pet sitting soon.

8 Likes

Such good news and thank you for letting us know. Wishing you both continued positive outcomes. C

Sending much love , light and positive healing vibes for a full recovery :heart::pray:

1 Like

GREAT NEWS!!! I am most happy to let everyone know we received the pathology results last night and the cancer was contained to the bladder, it had not invaded the wall or the muscles. He will be getting a bladder wash periodically for at least 2 years. (You can Google that, I had to and I’m a nurse)…lol.
I did a happy dance like nobody’s business when we got the news.
We cannot thank you guys for the prayers and kind thoughts whilst we battled this hurdle.
It’s time to start planning some close trips…
Warmly,
Cindy and David

12 Likes