Howdy
When I log into THS with the black cat graphic, the forum link is not a hyperlink…it’s like It should just be grayed out as not an option to click.

when I log in with the email graphic…forum hyperlink works and then I can log into the forum.

I use both ways to access THS because of the discrepancies between the 2 types of platforms creates a need to be looking at both.

It would be helpful if the forum link was a hyperlink when logging in both ways.

Am I missng something?

Screenshot_20230209_165923_Chrome|230x500

1 Like

Hello, @HelloOutThere I am not quite sure about this one. Maybe @geoff.hom can have a look as he is a bit of a tech wizard. Otherwise, I can refer you to Membership Service who will be able to assist you further. Please let me know Carla.

Fixed it the graphic issue.

I’m not seeing my second graphic so that may make it a confusing post.

Happy to hear from @geoff.hom

Hi @HelloOutThere.

I’m thinking, “What black cat?” It’s like that scene in the first “Matrix.” :sweat_smile:

Let’s make sure I’m on the same page:

• Your top screenshot looks like logging into the TH website via a web browser. And you’re on Android. (I’m on iOS/Apple.)
  • Your bottom screenshot looks like logging into the TH app on Android.
    • I rarely see the “black cat” image because I just stay logged into the TH app, because it’s my phone…
  • Similarly, because it’s my phone, my phone’s browser keeps me logged into the TH website.
  • And it keeps me logged into the TH forums, which is only a website (there is no TH forum app).

So now I’m trying to understand the issue:

• Are you saying that from the TH Android app, you can’t find the button to get to the TH forums?
    • Or you know how to navigate the TH app, but the button to the forums doesn’t do anything?
    • So far, I don’t see how logging in/out should matter.
    • It sounds like there’s a point where you’re looking at the screen and trying to do something, but nothing’s happening. Do you have a screenshot of that moment?

FYI, on the iOS app, I get to the forums like so:

1 Like

Knight in shining armour to the rescue once again :joy::wink:

3 Likes

Hey there!

Yes…when logged in the THS APP on my android…the community forum link in my dashboard does not work.
I have to then use a seperate log in icon to get to the forum to log into the forum.

When logged into THS via chrome on my android, the forum link in my dashboard works.

So on my phone, I have 3 icons so that I can fully use the THS platform.

I usually log into the app…click my forum link in my dashboard which does nothing so then have to use the forum via the white icon.

I have the chrome link handy to log in as we know there are differences between app/web THS.

The graphic shows my “phone desk top.”

You can see the chrome icon for THS.

The the 2 tandem icons are app and forum; dark green is app and white is forum.

Thanks for taking the time!

Can you post a screenshot of you in the Android TH app showing the dashboard/community forum link? Just so we’re on the same page.

The equivalent screenshot on my Apple TH app is this:

If the screenshot has sensitive info you don’t want to post, then PM it to me. I can also blur the sensitive info out.

Here is the dashboard via the app log in. ( I did click the community forum just in case it worked…it did not)

1 Like

Thanks for the screenshot. Hmm. This is a little tricky for me as I don’t have an Android to debug with. I’ll google. But some questions in the meantime:

1. That white icon in the bottom-right of your earlier screen: That opens up the TH forum website? It doesn’t have the Chrome sub-icon/badge. How did you make that icon?
  2. Have you tried restarting your phone? That’s always my Apple go-to. =)
  3. Has this always been a problem? That button in the TH app (for going to the forums) has never worked?
  4. Let’s ask someone who has an Android. @Crookie: You have one, right? Can you access the TH forums from your Android TH app?
    1. If so, any idea why @HelloOutThere can’t?
  • What version of Android are you running? And the device?

So, we have an Android app (the TH app) that can’t open external links. I didn’t realize that Android handles links very differently than iOS. Especially since Android 12.

Perhaps there’s a conflict in the link settings on your phone. It could be TH, Chrome, or a third-party app. For example:

1. the TH app may not have the right setting to open external links
  2. Chrome may not be set right to open TH URLs
  3. a third-party anti-ad/spam/virus app may be blocking the TH app.

I think you go to Settings → Apps → Default apps → Opening links. Look around. You’re looking for something relevant to the forum URL (https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com).

These two links seem helpful:

Any Android users are welcome to chime in anytime. :sweat_smile:

Hey hey…my replies are in all CAPS

That white icon in the bottom-right of your earlier screen: That opens up the TH forum website?
CORRECT

It doesn’t have the Chrome sub-icon/badge. How did you make that icon?
I DOWNLOADED AN APP. SEE PIX.
ALSO WHEN I PRESS AND HOLD THE ICON…I GET MENU OPTIONS :slightly_smiling_face: SEE PIX

• Have you tried restarting your phone? That’s always my Apple go-to. =)
EXCELLENT SUGGESTION. JUST DID. NO CHANGE.

• Has this always been a problem? That button in the TH app (for going to the forums) has never worked.
CORRECT

• What version of Android are you running? And the device?
GALAXY S22
VERSION 13

I think you go to Settings → Apps → Default apps → Opening links. Look around.
GOTCHA. I WILL CHECK THAT OUT.
THIS IS PLENTY OF TIME AND EFFORT ON THIS FROM YOU. I CAN AT LEAST GET TO THE FORUM…SO ALL GOOD IN THE END.
IF I CHANGE

A SETTING AND IT WORKS…I WILL REPORT BACK!

REALLY THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS!

1 Like

@HelloOutThere @geoff.hom the link to the forum from the THS app doesn’t work. The following is from the forum user guide at How to use our Community Forum | TrustedHousesitters.com

When you’re logged into your TrustedHousesitters account, click the down arrow next to your name on the top-right corner of the page. In the drop-down menu, you’ll see “Community Forum” — this will take you directly to the forum home page.

This option isn’t currently available on the app.

2 Likes

That settles that.

1 Like

@Crookie to the rescue!

Thank you so much for that info. @HelloOutThere, sorry if I sent you into your settings on a wild goose chase. But now we know!

Thanks to Crookie’s info, I searched on the forums and found these two topics:

That second link mentions the mysterious “forum app” that HelloOutThere also has. I want to say that’s probably just a web app, but it’s moot.

Also, to reiterate about the iOS/iPhone TH app, the link to the forums does work.

1 Like

Topic closed as a solution was found and the question solved.