Meeting other members of the THS community

Bonjour Fellow Trusted Housesitters!!
We are presently in Destin, Florida. We were wondering if we could meet with other Housesitters while we’re in Florida? We’ll be traveling through the state for the next few weeks eventually arriving in Fort Lauderdale to spend Thanksgiving with our daughter. It would be great to connect with other members of this fabulous community!! We’re so glad we gave this a try. Our experience so far has been amazing!!
Sincerely, Teresa and Doug Colangelo :beach_umbrella::crab::guide_dog::black_cat:

4 Likes

@TreeandDoug this is such a great thing…meeting and forging new friendships with our like-minded furball community!

I see you don’t have your member profile merged with your forum profile, which will give others easy access to message you direct regarding a meetup. To merge, just click here How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile.

I hope you are successful in getting this meetup organized…if you do, please share pictures so we can all enjoy!

1 Like

HI @TreeandDoug welcome and as Debbie says meetups are a great way to connect with our community … and the forum of course :wink:

There is a Travel & Meetup category where you can post to reach other members who may be in your area Travel, Meetups & Events - TrustedHousesitters Community Forum just start a new topic and add details, including dates and locations, if an actual venue is not yet decided on just make that TBC (to be confirmed) …

And don’t forget to take pictures to share on the forum, with friends and on your social pages, if you have any.

Good luck

2 Likes

Hi @TreeandDoug , too bad you weren’t there two weeks ago. We had a MeetUp in Pensacola. You can go to the MeetUp page to search on it and see our pic! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Ken and Mary!!
Oh that is too bad!! It would have been great to meet you in person! We are really enjoying our first sit!! We’ve never been to this part of Florida. We LOVE it here!! We went to the Air Force Munitions Museum yesterday. It was so moving. My husband, Doug, was an Air Force Munitions Officer stationed in Thailand during the Viet Nam War. I would highly recommend it. We watched the sunset afterwards. That was awesome!! I’ll be attempting to merge my profile onto this forum. I understand that will make it much easier to communicate. Have a great day!!

Just thought I’d share some photos!

4 Likes

Thank you!! I just added some photos!

Hi @TreeandDoug. Yes, the Destin area is a special place. That’s my “home” base, so to speak, and we love returning there for a few weeks periodically throughout the year (especially during low season.) I’m so glad you’re enjoying your sit there. Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures!

1 Like

Great pics!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

You’re welcome!! This is certainly a beautiful part of our country. I don’t know if we ever would have visited here if it wasn’t for THS. My husband said if he had been stationed here while he was in the Air Force, he never would have left! :beach_umbrella:

1 Like