New glitch on app - Reviews?

@Lokstar Thank you for adding to this conversation, Ben is currently offline so this post further up the thread should help.

I know reviews are super important, hopefully, this can help reassure everyone that the missing reviews are only missing when you look at your own account in the preview/edit window. But the reviews show correctly when your profile is viewed by an owner and they will see all of your reviews.

1 Like

Its not my reviews that are gone this time- they are all there & I can read them- its the number that is wrong. 3 instead of 77…

@Lokstar i think its probably showing the number of external references (I have 3) and omitting reviews.

On the website, I can see all of your reviews and references. @Timshazz

1 Like

Thx @Maggie8K yes @pietkuip checked for me on the day I posted. A few heart flutters when I saw it, but if it’s just us with that count, I’m not so bothered.

Just like in the link in your forum profile:

(I am not sure if this screen shot is allowed on this forum…)

1 Like

Yes ours is 9 not 31 which are our external references @Lokstar :flushed::flushed:

@Cuttlefish, I currently see 22 reviews and nine references for you on the website.

Maybe but we only have 2 exrernal references not 3…

1 Like

@Ben-ProductManager We are still only seeing 3 (instead of 77) for our reviews. This has been going for a while now- what is being done to correct it? My husband especially is very irritated by this anomily and finds it very demotivating not to see the true number of reviews we’ve worked so hard for…
The reviews themselves show just not the correct number.

@Lokstar Ben is currently offline, so I picked this up with the team to further assist you.

This is a small glitch in the preview profile page on the app. So just to reassure you it is only visible when you view your profile via the preview page on the app and does not affect owners seeing your full reviews when viewing your profile on either the app or website. You can also view all of your reviews on the website.

As the team are currently working on the new hidden review system, this is part of the process to correct this as it is linked to reviews, however, it is likely that the review system will be launched (I will keep you all posted!) then make sure it all runs smoothly as with any new addition, this small glitch will be rectified as the next step to that as it relates to reviews.

Thank you for all of your patience while this is sorted. I know how important reviews are but hopefully to doubly reassure you it only looks this way when you as the sitter preview your page, not when you view your page from the site or when others view your page. When you apply to a sit the owners will still see all of your wonderful and well-earned reviews :slight_smile:

My DM’s are always open if you have any more questions about this.

1 Like

Hi @Lokstar the app is currently showing 6 reviews & references for us. We have 6 references and 14 reviews in total to date. All of our reviews and references are showing when we look under our reviews and references on the app so there just seems to be a glitch at the moment with the total number showing.

Why are the app and the website so different in many ways?? Why do they not both show the exact same things? I don’t understand.

@ziggy Some differences are natural. A web interface can be more based on keyboard input, a mobile interface makes use of the touch screen.

Other differences seem just stupid, but there may be historical explanations.

There are threads:

@pietkuip hmmmm I kind of understand then. Wish they were the same though. As they say in Thailand, same same but different :wink: I shall read the link, thanks :kangaroo:

Is this issue going to be fixed? When I open my profile it says I have one review instead of 23 on both the website and the app. On the website if you scroll down you can see I have 23 reviews, but if someone just opens it and thinks I only have one review they may not bother scrolling down. On the app it says one review, then you can click and scroll through all the many reviews, but again people might not bother if they think I only have one, This is a major issue that THS needs to take care of right away.

Hi.
I just noticed that when I go to edit my profile on the THS app, under the voice reviews and references it says “2” but I technically have 7. When I click on it and swipe left I can see all of them but I’m wondering why it claims 2 and not 7 and at this point if the pet owners can see all of them or what. Is this happening to some of you too?

1 Like

The proper way to fix it would be to change the url of one’s own preview to the profile view that everybody else sees.

@Ben-ProductManager : why are these different? It causes all kinds of problems. For example:

• members here adding www trustedhousesitters com/user/profile/edit/profile-preview to their forum profile
  • sitters not seeing their own calendar (to which you guys should have added a key or legend years ago!)
  • missing references in one’s own view that get people worried totally unnecessarily
  • etc

It should be soooo easy to do.

2 Likes

Same thing here. Just paid to upgrade my membership and this this happens? So not cool.