New here, San Diego area, just checking it out!

Hello all! My name is Holly and my Husband is John. We live in Lemon Grove, CA, which is 15 minutes away from downtown San Diego area. We have 2 dogs, an 8 year old rescue ‘Mexipup’ is very chill, and a 1 year old German Short Haired Pointer who is an energetic love bug! We like to travel and don’t like to board our pups if my mom can’t watch them, and feel they’d do much better staying at home with someone to love on them. We will be looking into this house sitting option. Any tips or help to encourage us to take the plunge (which is also a great beach area tourist site :smiley:) to go this route greatly appreciated! We are also a 5-10 minute walk to the SD trolley which takes you many places around here! Thank you and have a great day!

5 Likes

Welcome!
I’m sure you’ll get lots of great advice on the forum. As full time sitters traveling the world, we enjoy the other side of THS. I’m sure you’ll have plenty of interest from lots of great sitters(myself included) in your area.
There are many of us who take our responsibilities serious and personally, we love to help other people travel while fulfilling our two loves, pets and travel.
As a sitter, I like to see things in a homeowners post that matter to me in a sit. Information about the pets and responsibilities, a bet about the accommodations I’ll be in, what sorts of restaurants, grocery stores, and public transportation are nearby.(as we travel without a car).
I hope you decide to use THS and I’m sure someone will post how to link your profile in your forum name, so do that as soon as possible, too.
Dan and Nan

3 Likes

Hello @Jsbechy and a warm welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

I am sure you will have no problem in securing suitable sitters to stay and look after your pups In beautiful San Diego, it’s certainly one of our favourites!

I have attached a video for you so you can get a better understanding of how it all works

For reference once you are a member and once your listing is completed you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback and will also give your listing extra exposure!

If you are unsure how to do this, or if you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help.

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask!

1 Like

I just finished two months of sitting at three different locations in San Diego. While I was there I was able to line up a month long sit in October because I was able to meet my hosts in person. I think you will not have any problem finding someone suitable.
Take the plunge!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the info! I will definitely move forward to see what we can accomplish! Have a great day!
:hugs:Holly

2 Likes

Thank you for this valuable information!

2 Likes

@Jsbechy welcome to the TrustedHouseSitters community forum!

I also live in San Diego. I was born and raised here and currently live in the Mission Valley area.

If you’re free tomorrow we would love to have you join us at our San Diego TrustedHousesitters event! We are PAWtnering with The Animal Pad dog rescue to celebrate National Adopt A Shelter Pet Day. We will be at Dunedin New Zealand Eats in North Park from 12-4pm and there will be lots of adoptable pups from The Animal Pad joining in on the celebration. There will also be other members at the event that you can chat with to learn more about this amazing community. Hope you can join us!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m familiar with the animal pad. We won’t be able to participate, but love the support of them!

4 Likes

Hi @Jsbechy, we have two events in the San Diego area coming up in May. The first is a celebration for National Dog Mom’s Day benefitting The Animal Pad and the second event is also a fundraising/adoption event for the Animal Pad called Pupapalooza May 20th

1 Like