New to TrustedHousesitters and Chat

Hello TrustedHousesitters community, I just discovered and signed up here a few weeks ago. I admit it is a strange feeling, first, thinking of somebody staying at your home and trusting they will take care of the things that are most important to you, but I was lucky to get a nice sitter on my first try, for an extended weekend.
I’ve got a new date where I am looking for her, but I am concerned that my challenge will be that I am not living in a big city. If anybody has some tips and ideas on how I can make that more appealing in my profile, I’m open to input.
Otherwise, I am looking forward to learning and discovering what TrustedHousesitter has to offer - Warm regards, Marion

4 Likes

Not all sitters are looking for big cities - especially those travelling with their own car will rather try to avoid them, and walking dogs (if you have any) is much more fun in the countryside!

In what region do you live? Add a couple of pictures of nice places in your home’s surroundings to your ad. Beautiful views from a hilltop, flower beds in a nearby park, a lake or a beach, ancient castle grounds, things like that. It is also worthwhile to mention whether your place can be easily reached by public transport. If not click on the button “Sitter needs a car”. Good luck!

2 Likes

We rarely look for cities so you’ll find there are sitters available for all kinds of sits. What country do you live in?

You can add your listing to your profile by following these directions if you choose to.

2 Likes

Welcome @FreuMa00 welcome to our community and thank you for sharing you first experience and as other members will tell you sitters are as different as the pets and homes they care for, it’s not about always about the location it is about the whole experience but mostly the pets we care for, I have added you listing into your profile so that other members will be able to view and perhaps give you some help and feedback, which they are very good at .

Welcome again and enjoy connecting with members from around the world and closer to home.

Angela and the Team

1 Like

I had a look where Oakely is in California & it appears it’s close to a wildlife sanctuary which could interest folks. Also, you could aim for people perhaps visiting family or going to a mtn bike area or trail walk/run before or after in Tahoe or Yosemite etc.

May you find a good person to befriend your kitty :+1:

2 Likes

Hello Romana, than you for your feedback. It is beautiful here in the Northern California East Bay area, that’s why I’ve moved here. I like your suggestion to add pictures about the surrounding to my add. Thank you for the tip!
Warm regards,
Marion

1 Like

Hello BunnyCat, oh, I love the title you suggested! Would you terrible mind if I use that??
You also have some good points and suggestions I will utilize to modify my profile. I have already updated BART as transportation option. It make sense to give more information about time/distance to locations.
Warm regards,
Marion

1 Like

Thank you, RunnerC. Yes, reading the feedback and thinking about it, there are a number of benefits in the area I am living in, that I will make sure to add to my profile. I am just so used to all that this area has to offer, I have not considered these being anything special. I will update my profile with all I can think off.
Warm regards,
Marion

1 Like

Hello Angela, thank you for the warm welcome. I appreciate the suggestions and tips from seasoned THS members and will modify/update my profile accordingly. So far I have not given up hope that I need to cancel my trip to see my family after years of Covid lockdown.
Warm regadrs,
Marion

2 Likes