Needing a sitter

Hello! I am new here and navigating how it works. I’m a bit stressed as I need to find a sitter for my Brisbane house within 3 weeks (my previous sitter pulled out).
Any tips on how to find someone quickly? I’ve put an ad up.
When I search, I find a lot of lovely people but they are based in Brisbane and looking for house sits elsewhere. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
Any help appreciated! Thank you

3 Likes

Hi @ClaireHoffy. Yes, there’s a bit of an experience/learning curve. One step at a time!

You put an ad up? You mean a listing? You want to make it viewable here so that other members can provide constructive criticism.

Basically, you want to add your listing to your forum profile:

2 Likes

More tips:

1 Like

Again, most helpful is linking your listing. Then people can give personal feedback. I’ve seen stuff like photo tips, photo order tips, title tricks (you’ve got a car? put that first!), etc.

More tips:

• If you have time, you can search the forums like you would google. That may be a crap shoot, but hey, people often win at craps.
  • Found this thread that way! I read only the initial post, but it seems very helpful:
1 Like

Also consider options outside TH:

• other sites (I know there’s one for New Zealand that works well for that country)
  • neighbors
  • churches (even if you don’t belong/believe)
  • NextDoor
  • Facebook groups (local pet lovers?)
  • ??
1 Like

Hi @ClaireHoffy welcome to our community forum and to TrustedHousesitters. @geoff.hom has advised adding your listing to your Forum profile to give other members access to view and offer feedback, tips and advice which has really helped other pet parents/ owners many successfully finding sitters after acting on some of the helpful advice … I have done this for you.

2 Likes

@ClaireHoffy Your listing shows as ‘currently no sitter needed’. If that’s not the case, you’ll need go to your dashboard and repost your listing.

1 Like

Thank you! I found someone immediately after the first lot of help! Appreciate it!

4 Likes

@ClaireHoffy so happy you found a sitter! Thank you @geoff.hom for all of your helpful advice!

3 Likes