Seattle,WA October 14-22

Hey! I’ll be in Seattle(my first time) next week and just wanted to see if anybody else would be in the area and maybe wanted to explore together? Locals welcome! Here’s a list on what I plan to do, no particular order:

Rattle snake ledge

Water front

Pikes place

Macrina

Spheres (already booked the 21st at 1:15)

gum wall

Space Needle

Freemont Troll

Gas works park

Colombia tower(already booked for 6pm on the 14th) Bet that sunset view will be amazing

Hot cakes

Hong Kong kitchen

Snowy village

Hot tub boat

**IF IM MISSING ANYTHING I SHOULD EXPERIENCE PLEASE LET ME KNOW! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello we were there last summer, we loved it,enjoy :ok_hand: :smiley:
image7
image6(1)
image5(1)

image2(4)

:grinning: :ok_hand:

5 Likes

I’m sure I will. Thank you!

Hello @Aaliyah23 and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Your itinerary looks great! Fingers crossed there will be some other members in the area who will be able to meet up.

Also, for reference, as a member you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback.

If you are unsure how to do this, or if you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help. :blush:

3 Likes

Welcome to the area! I’m not in Seattle itself but speaking as someone who lives across the Puget Sound, I definitely recommend taking a ferry to one of the islands.

The gum wall is the grosssssest thing ever but it is one of those things you have to experience for yourself so you know you never want to go back again :laughing: Whenever friends are visiting from out of town I do go to Pike Place with them, but I always hang back when they venture towards the gum wall.

5 Likes

Thank you!! I hope so too but if not I’m sure I’ll still have a good time

Lol! I said the same thing about Gum wall but I have to go at least once. I’ll definitely be adding a ferry ride to my list! Thanks so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

I stumbled upon it. Yuck.

@Aaliyah23 most definitely! :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Hey! I’m here now but only until Sunday.

Where are you staying?

My list is long since we’ve been here since late August and have done two back to back house sits (Capitol Hill and Mt. Baker). :slight_smile:

If you are into trolls, there is a wood troll in west Seattle. The views from that area into downtown are pretty epic. You can take a ferry over from roughly Pike Place.
If you like gnomes, there is a valley of them with a little bridge!
While you are at the Space Needle, pop on down to the Olympic Sculpture Park!
Discovery Park is amazing - from the lighthouse you can see both Rainier and Mt. Baker
Golden Gardens Park

–Aviv Hummus Bar
–Mamnoon
–Yalla
–Cafe Munir
–Sea wolf Bakers
–Frankie & Jo’s (best ice cream ever)
–Hello Em Việt Coffee & Roastery (vietnamese egg coffee, seattle style. Neighborhood is basically an open air drug market so careful)
–Book Larder (a bookstore of only cookbooks)

If you are into music, Hendrix was from here, and his grave is somewhere. So is the grave for Bruce and Brandon Lee.

I’m jealous of your tour of the Amazon Sphere! I meant to do that and never got around to it.

2 Likes

Hot Cakes is amazing.

1 Like

While in Ballard for Hot Cakes, also consider the Nordic Museum.

1 Like

I’ll be staying in the Ballard area. I’m definitely adding all to my list!! Well maybe not the sketchy neighborhood but the rest yes! Thanks so much for the list

1 Like

I saw someone trying Hot Cakes on YouTube and my mouth was literally watering. Will add Museum to my list. Thank you!!

1 Like

There may also still be salmon going through the fish ladder at the Ballard locks. Also amazing. And Golden Gardens Park (beach) is gorgeous.

2 Likes

Hi @Aaliyah23,

Ever seen the Pixar film, “Up”? The house that inspired it is in Ballard. “Edith Macefield House.” And Trader Joe’s is right there … who doesn’t love TJ’s? (besides maybe Edith…)

Hope you have a wonderful time!

2 Likes

Whoa! I did not know that, I’ll have to check that out for sure. I love that movie. Thank you!!

1 Like

I sure wish I could show you around. I live in the area. I’m going to be doing a pet sit through THS that time period. Hope you enjoy our beautiful area. PS you should check out Snoqualmie Falls. We also have a lot of pumpkin patches and corn mazes.

2 Likes

:wave:Hi Mastiffmon,thank you ,we spend a great time this summer in Seattle,this time it’s Aaliyah23 who asks for information :grinning:

Seattle Pinball Museum. Lots of fun, inexpensive, and around the block from Chinatown for lunch or dinner. Not too far from a light rail Link station, either. have you ever heard of the app Atlas Obscura? We use it everywhere we go and a lot of my fondest memories are from visiting less-famous, quirky places that are listed on the app. Enjoy!