Suebeehb Newbie Solo Traveler from California, USA

Hi all. I’m Sue and I currently live in Huntington Beach, California. I’m new to THS… and I’m excited for the house and pet sitting opportunities ahead. I’ve known about this group for awhile, but haven’t had an opportunity to figure out how to fit it into my life.

But things change! And now here I am!

As a newbie, and as a primarily solo traveler I’m curious about a couple things. When I have a scheduled vacation block with specific dates, and I don’t find anything… then what’s my next best course of action?

I saw that there are owners who aren’t actually looking for specific dates, but some of their info makes it sound like they are looking for someone for future unplanned trips. So how does one get in touch with them? I didn’t find any “contact” option.

Also, how do you link your profile to a forum chat?

I’m hoping by 2023 I can be more fluid and flexible with dates… I’m semi retired right now, and downsizing my life to allow me freedom for longer and extended stays abroad.

Any helpful insights and hints or tips would be appreciated! TIA.

2 Likes

Hi @Suebeehb welcome to our community forum and to TrustedHousesitters thank you for joining as and for your great introduction and your questions you will find great feedback from our members.

You can add your profile link to your Forum Profile … here’s how How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile

Regarding contacting owners … there’s a conversation about this here >>
https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/contacting-owner-in-advance

There’s more excellent information on the website blog … Blog | TrustedHousesitters.com

Welcome again and enjoy connecting with our members from around the world …

Angela and the Team

2 Likes