The post-sit feedback/review reminder e-mails

Up until about a year ago, once you completed a sit, the sitter and the homeowner got a post-sit automated email reminding them to leave feedback. I am not sure why it is no longer sent, but it was really helpful to sitters to get reviews in a timely manner. I know how to request a review in the system, but it would be nice if the system prompted the feedback too, instead of placing the burden on the sitter. Getting reviews help us get more sits, especially with all of the competition currently. Home owners will get applicants even if they have no reviews, so it is less important for them.

3 Likes

Hi @Southernsitter and @Provence

We send an email 1-day post-sit and 3 days post-sit to encourage leaving reviews/feedback and we send a separate email asking members to review TrustedHousesitters on day 5.

When COVID kicked off and sits began to be cancelled we made the decision to stop review reminder emails being sent as some sits weren’t being cancelled

We reactivated these and the only reason you wouldn’t be receiving them is if you have unsubscribed to our mailing list, are you receiving other automated emails from us? (this would not include new message alerts, sit declines, sit accepted etc).

I can get this checked for you if you want to email us on support@trustedhousesitters.com FAO Katie and I can take a quick look to ensure you are still subscribed.

Kind regards,
Katie - Membership Services

2 Likes

I received a THS email reminder to leave feedback for a recent sit. The only problem was it came before enough time had passed. I guess you can’t leave feedback until 24 hours after the sit ends, so I had to remember to go back on my own. My guess is some people just don’t go back. On day 2 my sitter asked me to leave feedback a few hours after I’d posted, so apparently there is a delay there too as it wasn’t visible to her yet.

3 Likes

Can I ask why we no longer get a prompt to review our sits? I presume house owners don’t get a prompt either.

I completed a sitting on Friday and by 8am on Saturday I had received my review. I thanked the HO for being so prompt. He said “It just popped up so I just got on with it”
So that indicates he received a reminder to write the review

1 Like

I know I was lucky with the speed of my review. I also have experienced what you are going through.
I never complete my review on the HO until I have received mine. You say that someone has to go first. Years ago, there was only one review feature, which was the HO reviewing the sitter. Then THS introduced the sitter reviewing the HO. So I use that order, the HO reviewing first. After all, it is the sitter who is doing all of the work, hence the 5 categories of the review.

1 Like

@Smiley I’ve just checked with membership services and yes, both owners and sitters still get reminders on day 1 and day 3 after completion of the sit. It’s an email with links to the review option on the website. It was also explained, however, that as this is an email, if you have unsubscribed (to emails), you wouldn’t see it.

For me with my sitter head on I can see how important it is to check every email, as I’m guilty of sometimes not opening if I’m not actively looking for sits. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Vanessa_A Interesting as I check my emails frequently each day and I can’t say I’ve received one of those reminders as a sitter (and owner previously) over the years. I have learnt, however, to be prompt in requesting a review via THS from HO after a sit has finished!

I’ve definitely had reminders in past but haven’t seen one for my last couple of recent sits and also assumed it had stopped. I’ve seen what the emails look like currently, so I’m going to check back through my emails and will follow up again with MS and come back to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @temba and @Vanessa_A I finished a sit on Sunday and have received no email reminder to leave a review…

1 Like

@JackieX Thanks for that feedback… can I ask… are you subscribed to TrustedHousesitters emails (i.e. TrustedTimes newsletters, alerts etc.?).

@Vanessa_A I get the trusted times, weekly sits email (though I wish it would go back to daily) and don’t believe I would have opted out of anything…

Great, thank you… that’s same for me. Leave it with me and I’ll see what I can find out :slight_smile:

1 Like

@smiley @temba @JackieX
After further investiagation, it looks like there was a glitch in the system for some sitter members, but this has now been fixed and is being monitored. Sorry for any inconvenience, and thank you for bringing it to the team’s attention here on the forum for a quick solution :slight_smile: Thank you @Katie_Mc and the team for getting to the bottom of :pray:

4 Likes

Vanessa: Thanks so much for getting this resolved. It has been an issue for many of us for a long time and had been brought up on this forum previously without a resolution. We appreciate your help!

1 Like

I see @Vanessa_A helped solved this for you @Southernsitter great that we got to the bottom of the issue

1 Like

Can I ask why we no longer get a prompt to review our sits? I presume house owners don’t get a prompt either.

Thanks @Vanessa_A , don’t suppose you know whether my HO would have had her reminders? I did send her a message yesterday myself, but I think we all hate ‘nagging’

Hi @Smiley I’m sure this will answer your question, it’s one a number of members have been asking …

Thank you but it was a team effort that solved the puzzle including you guys for raising the issue again even though we thought it was fixed, I was just the messenger :slight_smile: I love seeing the forum work for us all !

2 Likes