View from my window

We are enjoying our

view of the snow covered peaks here in Vancouver, BC. Big change from the last two weeks in Waikiki :sunny: :desert_island: :mountain:

9 Likes

Yesterday we arrived at our second New Zealand sit, we have travelled from the North Island to the South Island and are now high in the hills overlooking Sumner beach. It is quite a hike up and down the hill to the village when we need a bottle of milk but the view from the window is a bit special and well worth the trek!
IMG-20221208-WA0004_resized
IMG-20221208-WA0002_resized
IMG-20221208-WA0001_resized

10 Likes

That will keep you boys fit @Colin!! But what a magnificent view!!

3 Likes

Woke up to a day of the white stuff :snowflake:
The fridge is full, no need to be out and about. Just a cozy couch blanket calling our name, so it’s the best time to binge watch Netflix Christmas movies, and enjoy our sweet little kitty :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

The passengers on this flight last night had a wonderful surprise to witness the Northern Lights when the Captain asked permission from Air Traffic Control to do a 360 degree turn to view them. :airplane: :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing @Samox24 :clap:

We chased around Cove, Scotland last night but saw nothing except cloud and a very watering moon.

When I lived in Canada I frequently drove from Calgary to Edmonton throughout the year and during the winter months there have been many times when I’ve pulled off the highway to watch this magical phenomenon

“The northern lights are also known as the aurora borealis, meaning light of dawn. It’s said the term was first coined by Galileo in 1623 and is derived from ‘Aurora’, the goddess of the dawn and ‘Boreas’, the northern wind personified”

Source:

4 Likes

@Angela_L Oh that’s a shame, I was hoping you would have had a great view of them from Scotland last night!

1 Like

The night before apparently so, but not last night. :frowning_face:

I believe this was seen in the Netherlands.

3 Likes

@Therese I didn’t see it! :frowning:

The view from my window this evening … not the Northern Lights but stunning :camera: :wink:

9 Likes

@Angela_L Wow! Stunning :heart:

2 Likes

Yesterday, we arrived at our fourth of six sits booked in Australia. Not a bad view we have to wake up to for the next three weeks. ( Plus we have wild Kangaroos in the surrounding fields which, at 60 years of age I am far more excited about than I probably should be :rofl: )

6 Likes

I’m experiencing view envy @Colin … all that and 'roos too :heart_eyes:

We just have deer and submarines, when you can see the Loch :wink:

7 Likes

Well, I’m struggling to choose between @Colin’s views of wild kangaroos or @Angela_L’s views of submarines. I am envious of both!

(As a small child, I got to go on a submarine once as my dad was in the Royal Navy, presumably some sort of family open day.)

5 Likes

Where are you @Colin ? That could be so many places in Australia! I love that you are excited by our 'roos the same way we are still excited after months in the UK when we see a squirrel, even the pesky grey ones!

On a slightly different note, I’m excited by all the daffodils out now in the UK! Don’t see those at home in Brisbane as it’s too warm for bulbs.

4 Likes

We are in a really lovely home in Albury.

3 Likes

Our first trip to San Francisco, and we are thoroughly enjoying the sunny mild temps in this area of California. A few rainy days here and there, but just lovely otherwise :sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face:. Spending more time walking, and venturing into the city for strolls along the Bay.

8 Likes

@Joanne Lovely photos! :camera::blush:

3 Likes

View from my window in my new apartment in Uruguay.
Everything is getting better and better every day.

8 Likes