What brought you joy today?

@geoff.hom

The following is from Discover the Borough's top sculptures, memorials, works of art and artefacts - Visit Windsor

If you find yourself in the UK, Windsor is a must to visit. We’ve just had a great few days there. Windsor Castle was mind blowing.

The Windsor Lady (The Queen and her Corgis, Bachelors Acre)

The Windsor Lady is one of four memorials to Queen Elizabeth II’s Diamond Jubilee in 2012 and it’s located in Windsor’s Bachelors Acre. The Windsor Lady was a gift from a Maidenhead sculptor, Lydia Karpinksa, who works in bronze in the figurative tradition. The statue depicts Queen Elizabeth II somewhat informally dressed and surrounded by six Corgis.

The Welsh Corgi came originally from the hilly counties of Pembrokeshire and Cardiganshire. Once described as ‘an odd little animal with a face like a fox, a rump like a guinea-pig, and front legs which are always short and somewhat bowed’, the Corgi was not recognised by the Kennel Club as a breed of championship status until 1928.

Most people had never heard of Corgis until 1933 when they saw a photograph of a seven-year-old Princess Elizabeth holding a Corgi puppy at Glamis Castle. Queen Elizabeth II owned Corgis and the cross breed, Dorgis, for the rest of her life.

4 Likes

Photo posted with owner’s permission

@Karen_E these two cute little piggies at our Airbnb, they are just adorable and love people. :pig::slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Oh, they are adorable @Samox24! Thanks for sharing them with us.

@Karen_E they come rushing out every time they see us! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::blush:

1 Like

How sweet. I am sure they are making your stay extra special. :smiley:

2 Likes

We are currently in Cape Town and there is a colony of these guys just around the corner from us. Can’t help feeling joy when you’re watching some penguins at play!

13 Likes

Absolutely adorable pics

4 Likes

@botvot How joyous and your photos brought me joy today. I would love to see Penguins in their natural habitat just doing their thing :penguin:

3 Likes

Today I found joy sitting in a comfy chair with sunlight streaming in the window, excited for my upcoming travels to a Mississippi blues festival and New Orleans’ Jazz Fest. This will be my first time to both, and I can’t wait! @Angela_L reminded me of some music I hadn’t listened to in a long time (but I’m swaying in time to now :saxophone: :trumpet: :notes:)

4 Likes

Photo posted with owner’s permission.

We just met this gorgeous doggie called Valentina whilst out walking on the beach. :dog::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

What a precious pup and great parents to take such good and loving care for Valentina.

3 Likes

What brought me joy today? Learning that a dear friend and colleague is soon going to be on the road to recovery. Thank you to everyone concerned with her care … including the invisible good luck “charm” that’s been watching over her. :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I didn’t have time to snap a photo, but I felt tremendous joy when 4 ostriches waltzed past our home on the quiet west coast of South Africa today.
There’s usually 2 that roam around, and then on Friday I could only spot 1. I was quite worried, as it got busy with people over the Easter weekend. But lo and behold, this morning there were 4!

3 Likes

What brought me joy today is that my husband, who was away leading a tour in Cuba, arrived “home” for a 10-day break. This is the time of year when he’s often on the road, and those days when we reunite more than make up for all those days apart. :heart:

7 Likes

Puppy yoga brought me joy this weekend!

I was fostering a litter of nine puppies who were abandoned in a box at a shelter in Mexico and then brought to The Animal Pad rescue in San Diego, CA. Yesterday the rescue hosted a puppy yoga event in partnership with Crave Yoga to help raise money for the rescue and to help find forever homes for my nine foster puppies. It was a great success! Not only did we raise a lot of money to save more puppies in need, but all 9 puppies found new foster homes and forever homes!

11 Likes

@Julie_A that’s awesome or should I say pawsome! :dog::paw_prints::clap:t2::clap:t2:

4 Likes

Puppy yoga for a good cause! Just thinking about doing a downward dog with a puppy licking my face brings me joy! Well done @Julie_A! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

@Julie_A simply inspirational …

Thank you for all you and TAP do to help animals live their best lives

4 Likes

@Angela_L @Julie_A

I second that! :clap:t2::clap:t2: thank you so much for helping the animals to live their best lives :heart:

1 Like

@Karen_E I’m so glad he is home and hope the two of you can enjoy the Jazz Festival in New Orleans…or just enjoy each other!

2 Likes