What Features Would You Like to See on THS?

The ability to find sitters by name - not just by location.

4 Likes

We do sits all over the United States and southern Canada and have been traveling full-time about 3 years so we have no “location” for people to search for us. If you do a search for “United States” it shows the state where each sitter is technically based in but if they travel full-time that’s really not useful information for finding a sitter.

So, rather than just a search finding location where sitters are based or have a “home”, make it so you can search to find sitters who want to sit in a country, area, city, etc.

5 Likes

As @Southernsitter suggests, this would be a great feature – to be able to contact and be contacted by other members on the site. And the ability to turn this feature on and off by the member if they do not want to be contacted. It would make for great networking. Of course this has been brought up in the past but it would be nice if it was reconsidered.

3 Likes

If they don’t have enough photos or description, I simply don’t apply for them. I take the approach that they are either hiding something or aren’t committed enough to put in the effort.

What will they be like on giving a full and thorough briefing and/or meaningful review.

2 Likes

Aren’t these things you can use Google maps for? Given the inaccuracy of the map in the listing, not sure the algorithm will work out those requests too.

For the others, I have a 2 page pdf of questions to the homeowner. I go through this, either on the first video call or if I’m comfortable to continue with the sit, will go through it during the start of the sit with the owner. I generally email it to all HOs as prep. Some fill it out and send it back.

I do encourage the HO to include these points in the welcome pack, so they have it for future sits. The sit I’m currently on, added detailed pics of certain items, printed the sheets out and laminated them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

There are 2 of the questions I specifically raise upfront, as they need to be actioned in advance.

1. are the pets collar tags, microchip info up to date? Many people move homes and forget about updating the chip registry.

2. Contact in case of emergency. Either something happens to me, something happens to them on their trip, or I am in the situation to answer a big question, and need the support of their trusted contact. This is in the event of an emergency or the HOs are not contactable.

1 Like

For Saved searches, when we go to the main screen that lists our saved searches, show the number of sits that match each search rather than just “View Sits”.

1 Like

I second this. I would like an opportunity to narrow my field of search by discarding unappealing sits of my choice while leaving those of interest within the scope of the filter. Thanks for listening - and acting! :laughing:

Oh, and an individual site calendar could also prove useful to help sitters block out their active sits and better “read” their openings. Thanks again!

I send the listings without interior photos to customer service and always get a timely response that they will reach out to the homeowner to let them know they need to update/add pics.

1 Like

As a pet sitter, the main thing I would like to see are sits in chronological order.

If this happened, I’d probably sign up for a life membership :tada:

This is once the other know search glitches are fixed :wink:

1 Like

The duration filter should not show sits in the results that have multiple dates that add up to the duration search length.

2 Likes

The duration sit filter is not working that well atm.

I have saved searches for 1mth+ and get sits appear that are only 3 days and variations thereof. They don’t have multiple sit dates either.

It’s known by TH and is on their list to fix.

2 Likes

I would like to see a better “saved searches” facility, one that would permit editing a search rather than deleting it and starting over, and one that would permit me to reject and remove sits I’m not interested in. Is it possible to do this?

Thanks for listening!

1 Like