Where Are You Now?

Staying connected and having support from a community is more important today than ever before and with new lockdowns and restrictions happening for many across the Northern Hemisphere it can make such a difference …

So, take a moment and share the view from your window and let us know where you are.

3 Likes

Here is our (alas temporary) lockdown home this beautiful morning. It’s a view of the cottage, rather than the view from the window of the cottage :upside_down_face: but the windows are small so this aspect is much better!

Oh, it’s St Brides Haven, Pembrokeshire BTW.

11 Likes

Wow looks absolutely gorgeous. Housesitting there?

1 Like

Sadly no @Jon-J we are paying :scream: and there are no pets but it certainly is fabulous!

3 Likes

How long are you staying? Lovely place to hunker down during the pandemic. Not another cottage next door is there?

1 Like

We can stay to 28th Nov but then we’re homeless until English lockdown ends (2nd Dec?) After that, who knows :woman_shrugging:t3:. We have to get through France and Northern Italy in order to get home - both of those are also in lockdown :frowning:
And no, it’s one cottage all alone - just perfect isolation!

2 Likes

Looks so nice. Hopefully you’ll be able to find somewhere for a few days.

1 Like

This is our view in St Ives, Cornwall, UK. We’re house sitting just up the hill a bit but go to the beach most days (as well as lots of other beaches in Cornwall!). Soon to leave on Monday sadly, after a month here it now feels like home and i’m addicted to surfing! xx

10 Likes

We are dog and cat sitting (again, lucky us!) in Valley Center, California, about one hour north of San Diego.
This is our view, with Palomar Mountain in the background.

11 Likes

We found the parking charges astronomical in Cornwall. We spent over £40 just taking the dog for walks!! Some areas insisted that you pay for 2 hours which is a bit sneaky.

2 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous!

1 Like

The view from my office, Loch Long Cove, Argyll and Bute …I’ve been here since March 27th the longest my feet (body and mind) have been in one place for 14 years … I miss my pets, people and places

6 Likes

Had a moment of dejavu there @angela as I asked almost exactly the same question in our FB group a day ago with almost same view… haha! Great minds eh? We are on lock-down in France looking after the 2nd home of a THS home owner, and this was our first sunset view! We can only exercise for 1 hour a day, but we are making the most of that in the beautiful countryside around us.

6 Likes

@HousesittingMag great minds indeed, you’re always an inspiration…
That’s my office view, where’s yours?

Impossible @Provence! I’m not even sure where the nearest pub is.

1 Like

We haven’t found that fortunately. The dogs we walk from home to some fields just along the road which is very convenient. We have driven to quite a few places to explore but have been lucky with parking off the beaten track.

1 Like

What a fabulous place

1 Like

Waterford ireland

1 Like

We’re here & 10 points for anyone who can identify where in the southern hemipshere .

3 Likes

Somewhere in New Zealand perhaps?

1 Like