App vs Website Differences

I completely agree, @Snowbird . I guess the question should be made to HOs. Would it be a red flag if a sitter refused to share their personal contact info? I would definitely think so and would not choose any sitter who refused to share this information. We read about a situation here recently that turned out very badly. The HO was a new THS member, this was her first sit, she chose someone who had a phone but no cell service, and this sitter betrayed her trust. The moral is not to be so desperate that you choose a sit or sitter you are not completely comfortable with in every way.

We both thought it was unusual but was the first time we had used THS and didn’t know if that was the norm. From here on out, we said we needed to have both phone and e-mail in case of emergency. As a HO we are asked to put all our detailed info. in the Welcome manual.

1 Like

@Bri - I wrongly thought you were the sitter. My response may have puzzled you. Sorry.

1 Like

Oh no that’s ok. I knew what you meant. We also have a combo profile but have yet to be on the sitters side of things. We want things to run as smoothly as possible for our sitters and have everything they would want or need. We are doing a lot of research and reading a lot of posts to be familiar with how things work on both ends.

1 Like

I am still not clear on this;
Why don’t my photo captions show on the website? I understand they supposedly do on the app, which I don’t use and I believe many people probably use their laptops for finding sitters as well, so why can’t THS make the photo captions visible? Some of my photos don’t really make sense without the captions but I would like them to.

2 Likes

Hi @carpediem16 I’m going to tag @Therese I’m sure she will be able to help when she is back online.

@carpediem16 There are a number of inconsistencies between the App and the Website, and unfortunately, the photo captions is one of them. Tech are very aware of this, but at this stage, I will be unable to give you a timeline on making this available on the website. In general, we are constantly working to make all the features both on the App and the Website more in Sync. Kind regards Therese

2 Likes

This is REALLY something we would like to see corrected. It makes no sense that we can see captions on photos ONLY on the phone app but not when on the web site on a PC. So if we find a listing we like searching on the web site, to know if they have any captions on the photos we have to go to the app on our phone! Sometimes we forget to look at the phone app. (because, hey, we’re on the web site!)

PLEASE FIX THIS!

I see this was mentioned in July, 2021. While I am not a programmer, I can’t imagine this would require major programming time or expense to correct.
Thanks!

2 Likes

How can I request a review to a Home Owner from my Android phone?

1 Like

In the app, click on “me” (right bottom corner) and then on reviews

I tried that but it only displays past reviews. I’ve just completed a sit, am away from home with only my Android cell phone with me.

Swipe all the past reviews to the left. Hopefully, the last one will be the one you are looking for. (This is how it works for sitters … assuming the process is the same also for pet owners)

How do you see " other reviews they’ve left" this on the website? I have tried various ways to discover this but cannot. Any advice is appreciated.

I’ve noticed that when you look at the Welcome Guide on the Website you can easily see all the information available quite instinctively, but on the app I initially thought there was such little information put into the pets section, until I realised you can click on the photos of the animals and see more details! I think there should ideally be some clearer indication to click for further information…

I am a web developer, and displaying the captions on the website is really trivial. I could do it without knowing the THS codebase in an hour tops, and they could do it in 10 minutes max.

A bit concerning that this issue still hasn’t been fixed. It’s been reported in multiple threads for over a year now.

2 Likes

Maybe I just don’t see it, but I can’t find how many applications a sit has on the app like I do on the site.
Anyone else? Am I just missing it?

Hi @carpediem16 … I can tell you how that’s done…

• Click on the sit you want to view
  • Click on green button … “View Dates”
  • Below the popup you see the dates and below that the number of applicants

Hope that helps
Vanessa

@Slowmad Thank you. I will remind our tech team.

If you can post on the website exactly what the key differences are between the website and the app, that would be very helpful. If we don’t know what the differences are, we can’t use THS in the best ways possible.

Of partIcular importance are the following:

Do searches created on the app get faster notification when there is a match? I see an earlier post from Ben that app searches get notified hourly but searches created on the website are less oftern. That’s VERY important to know!

Also, PLEASE let us see the photo captions on the website. It’s ridiculous that we have to alos opn the app to see if there are any captions.

Thanks

1 Like

@lifephasenext I’ve noticed that even though I have a Premium membership, if I save a search on the site via a web browser, I get 1 email each day of new matches to that search. Whereas, if I save the search in the app I get alerts of new matches each hour.

1 Like