Hello from Greenwich, London

Hello folks! I’ve just joined from my home in Greenwich, on the banks of the river Thames, where we rent a lovely house but we aren’t allowed pets. My partner and I are both animal-lovers in our forties and we’re planning a two-month inter-railing trip around Europe in 2023, so we thought we’d dip our toes in here and see if we can combine the two interests!

I do have a timeshare in my sister’s chihuahua, who has the odd sleepover at our place, and lots of our friends and family have pets who we enjoy spending time with - but we’re excited to meet some new ones, as well as visiting places we wouldn’t have found otherwise.

We don’t drive so our only limitation is that the homes we sit need to be public transport-accessible (but we’re happy to take a taxi from a station if necessary).

My partner works shifts and I work from home, so my schedule is more flexible than his, but we’re keen to find some sits around the UK over the next few months - either solo (just me) or together. Please feel free to reach out if we might be able to help you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @lauram and welcome to the forum and to TrustedHousesitters. I’ll just mention a few things, based on what you’ve shared of your plans.

You can add your sitter profile to your forum username/profile: here are the instructions

If you have questions about whether your partner should be listed in your profile, membership services can help you with that. You may also want to look at this post, if you need to add your partner. If you have your profile set up for both of you, when you choose to sit solo you should make that clear in your application.

If you have any questions, first search your key words using the spyglass and if you still are unsure, ask your question on the forum and members will do their best to help you.

Francine,
Volunteer Forum Moderator

2 Likes

Thanks @Snowbird. You’re a great help as always. :grinning:

Hi @lauram. Welcome to TrustedHousesitters and the forum. You’ve come to the right place to get insights and tips to help you with your new sitter questions. Keep coming back to this community with your questions as you start making this lifestyle a reality for yourself and your partner. We’re here to help. BTW I love the idea of having a timeshare in a chihuahua! Very creative of you.

1 Like

Thanks @Snowbird and @Karen_E! I’m actually planning to take my first few trips solo, which is why I’m currently set up as a solo traveller but I’ll add my partner to my profile when he’s ready to take the plunge :slight_smile:

And I’ll add my profile now - didn’t realise I could do that, so thanks for the heads-up!