Hello from Steamboat Springs, CO

Hello everyone, I have been living in Colorado since 1978. I have no pets right now because my husband won’t let me have any more . I would like to visit Iceland or anywhere that I can see the northern lights. I am an artist and a retired housekeeper, therefore I can keep a house clean while sitting for pets. I have been a pet sitter for about 10 years.

Post moderated to keep it within forum guidelines

2 Likes

Hello @sooze23

Thank you for introducing yourself and I would like to wish you a very warm welcome to the community forum and TrustedHousesitters. Here you can ask questions, connect with other members and find many helpful topics (please use the spyglass to search).

It is great that you are looking to housesit and Iceland is on my bucket-list too!

Once you have completed your sitters profile on the website, you can then share the link to your forum profile. As a new sitter this is a great way to get helpful tips and advice from experienced members. This will help you get your sitting journey underway.

Here is the link with instructions on how to add your sitters profile:

It sounds like you have lots of experience and make sure you add that to your sitters profile and in your applications.

Best wishes Carla

1 Like

Hello @sooze23 and welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:
Iceland is a great place to see the northern lights and if you like food it’s also a fantastic foodie destination! Not to mention the scenery and hot springs! If you are in search of the northern lights then Swedish Lapland is another fabulous location which I can highly recommend and maybe whilst you are there a visit to the famous Ice Hotel which is just Wow!

This is a photo of the bed that I took during our stay at the Ice Hotel :cold_face::sweat_smile:

4 Likes