Just joined from NE Scotland & looking forward meeting some of you

Hi, I’m Cara a teacher, writer and professional storyteller. I grew up with a wide range of animals in rural Scotland, everthing from horses to Zebra finches. I currently live with my daughter and our cats, and her lizards, and snakes. I miss having a dog of my own but work commitments have prevented it, so I’m looking forward to getting a canine fix every so often.

I joined to House Sit as I find travel and staying in different settings both inspirational and relaxing. I look forward to getting to know some of you and your wonderful pets :heart:

7 Likes

Hello! You sound wonderful! I think pet sitting is ideal for a writer. I love to write as well although not professionally (yet). Have a wonderful time pet sitting :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m looking forward to it. So glad you enjoy writing too

Hello @Carasine and welcome to TrustedHousesitters and to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

I think housesitting will be perfect for you being a writer. It sounds like you have had some amazing animals and this will be the perfect opportunity for you to be able to get your canine fix! :dog:

You can add your TrustedHousesitters profile to your profile on here by following the attached link, should you wish. This will enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback.

If you are unsure how to do this or have any questions please do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help. :blush:

Whereabouts are you hoping to house sit? :earth_americas:

1 Like

Thank you so much!
I think I have managed to do that.
To start with I am looking for some local sits in Scotland, then hoping to travel in the rest of the UK and Europe this year. Open to any possibilities in the future :earth_africa: :train: :grinning:

1 Like

@Carasine You are very welcome and thank you for adding your profile, I have just had a peruse and it looks great. I noticed you have 2 references on your profile too which will certainly help you with securing your first sit.

It sounds like you have a perfect plan in place, and it would be great if you are able to share some photos on here once you start your new adventure! :camera::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello Cara,
I love the comment, that your house has never been without a pet. I can’t imagine not having that unconditional love. I can already sense its why I will want to ether get another dog or sit ALOT! Scotland

4 Likes